Friday, October 19, 2007

"A tourists goes to see what they want to see,
while a traveler goes to see what they see."

This is a quote that I picked up from my Puerto Rico class with Dr. K. and it was always a mind set I had in my travels, but I wasn't able to sum it up so well.

This quote is what I want to do with my experience in Costa Rica. I may not be able to explain everything in this blog while I am there, but I will keep a persistent journal of my own.

I really do want my prayers to be taken seriously and I'm sure I'll add more as the time closes in and while I am over there. I do because I really want this travel experience to be about God and I know He's going to reveal a lot to me. I'm tired of this mundane cycle at college, home, and work where all I can seem to do is think about myself. I want to see things that my heart just yearns to do all that it can. So, even though I might be contradicting the quote in why I love it so much, that in so many words is what I want. Not that I'm going to chase after some fairy tale, but I really just do want to open myself up to see everything and anything. I want to be open so that God can change me and use me.

As time closes in please pray about my Spanish learning process. That's the biggest deal right now. I want to know as much as I can, so that I'll know even more when I return. Pray that I'm able to obtain all the things I need for this experience to be as functionally easy as possible and comfortable to record for friends and family back in the states.

God Bless
Janet

3 Comments:

At 6:21 PM , Blogger allison said...

oh my janet, I love you, and I WILL pray.

 
At 1:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to reading all about your latin american adventures here. But first things first. The last hurrah in DC!

 
At 6:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh janny! you´re going to have the time of your life! it´s going to be so awesome. trust me. ¡que tengas buen viaje y aprendas mucho!! estoy seguro de que vayas a disfrutir su tiempo y que todo lo pasará bien! no puedo esperar que verte!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home