Saturday, December 29, 2007

"Let the world change you...
and you can change the world."

Another good quote. This one was acquired from Motorcycle Diaries, which was an instant favorite. It's a movie about two men traveling south america. I recommend it to anyone willing.

So, I leave in 9 days. I'm very excited, but wary all at the same time. I am still worried about my Spanish abilities. I need prayer for that. More importantly I need prayer that no matter what happens next semester I will keep trying. I will continue to work hard to learn the language, the culture, and about the people around me. I will continue to try and love anyone that God brings into my life. Most importantly, I will continue to pursue God's will through out everything.

Today, I am packing. I worked on my Spanish a bit, but mainly began to get frustrated. I'm in the intermediate lessons now and I feel it's really hard to comprehend what they're teaching without a teacher and without being in the culture.

In the next couple of days I will spend time with some of my closest friends who were gone all of fall semester. It's so hard to just be saying hello and then to turn around and say good-bye. I'm going to miss them dearly.

I probably won't be making any more entries until I'm in Costa Rica. So, if you want to talk to me, call me before January 8th.

God Bless. Much Love.

2 Comments:

At 9:41 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

anxiously awaiting your first post from costa rica!!!!!! ahhhh!!!!!!!

 
At 2:52 PM , Blogger Meg said...

Jan Jan -
Don't worry about sending me your blog page because, clearly, I have found it. I don't think that one single day will go by without me thinking about you. There will be many moments of silence for you and many drinks drank in honor of you('re time away).

- Megan Drew

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home